Re: solaris 9 and openldap

Greg Matthews wrote:

I've used native Solaris modules for a couple of reasons - 1. pragmatic, Sun are bound to change something in the next release and
sticking with native stuff is probably safer in this respect
2. problematic, I never managed to get PADL stuff to work properly on
Solaris altho I came close before I discovered that 1 was possible.
3. encryption, sol9 and sol8 (with patch 118993) can use tls encryption

Indeed I think it's wiser to stay with solaris native tools.

I've finally got it working well with OpenLDAP running on a Sol9 server
and Sol8 Sol9 and Linux clients. TLS isnt mandatory but once you've got
simple auth working its good to encrypt everything.

to simplifie, first I'd like to do it without TLS.

I'm currently writing up my notes on this and will post to the list when they are complete. Scan the archives for lots of good advice too.

OK, I'll be waiting for you notes....

schema - yes solaris uses some schema that have to be included in the slapd.conf but its very simple: include <schema.file>

which one ?
This ?

http://www.ypass.net/solaris8/openldap/nisschema.html

patching openldap server to ease rootDSE queries is also mandatory ?
http://www.ypass.net/solaris8/openldap/openldap-2.0.8-solaris8.patch.gz

Thanks.

good luck

GREG