From: cody wang [mailto:codywang@clunet.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 12:38 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP. org
Subject: Ture64 and nss_ldap

Hi,

Does anyone use True64 OS with nss_ldap?

I have an istallation issue. I am trying to install nss_ldap in our True
64 to test login but it gave me...

/usr/users/cody/nss_ldap-207/missing[46]: aclocal-1.6:  not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.6' is needed, and you do not seem to have it handy
on your
         system.  You might have modified some files without having the
         proper tools for further handling them.  Check the `README'
file,
         it often tells you about the needed prerequirements for
installing
         this package.  You may also peek at any GNU archive site, in
case
         some other package would contain this missing `aclocal-1.6'
program.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
#

So, I am trying to insatll autoconf that contains aclocal-1.6, but ....
..
configure: error: GNU m4 1.4 is required

So, I am trying to insatll m4....

After insatllation, it's still not working. Any idea?

I have found that nss_ldap has been built under these boxes that
mentioned in README file.
	  o Linux 2.x
        o Solaris 2.4, 2.6, 7, 8
        o FreeBSD BIND 8.x (not useful unless you recompile libc)
        o AIX 4.3.3 with IRS

Cody Wang
NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.