RE: openldap-2.2alpha - abysmal performance with hdb

--On Friday, July 04, 2003 11:16 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> wrote:

I was afraid of that. Try adding
	idlcachesize 10000
(or some large number) to the hdb configuration in slapd.conf and then try
the search twice. The 2nd one should be reasonable.

Howard,

That doesn't fix the problem. However, I found the issue, but don't know how to resolve it.

If I leave my base as "dc=stanford,dc=edu", every search is amazingly fast. But, if I change my search base to be "cn=accounts,dc=stanford,dc=edu", the 15-17 second delay is introduced. So, I would guess there is some problem in how it handles changed bases.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html