Re: Extending schema

Hi,

On Thursday 03 July 2003 18:01, Garzon Maldonado, Jesus Javier wrote:
> I've already done this. However, when I launch slapd a syntax not found
> error appear: acp133.schema: line 532: Syntax not found:
> "2.16.840.1.101.2.2.2.17"
>
> This attribute syntax is:
>
> [I don't know what should be here] (2.16.840.1.101.2.2.2.17
> 		NAME aCPLegacyFormat
> 		DESC 'aCPLegacyFormat syntax')
>
> #     The encoding of a value in this syntax is any one of the INTEGER
> #     values:  0 - 15 or 32 - 48 where:
>
> #          0 means JANAP128,
> #          1 means ACP126,
> #          2 means DOI103,
> #          3 means DOI103Special,
> #          4 means ACP127,
> #          5 means ACP127Converted,
> #          (6 means Reserved1),
> #          7 means ACP127State,
> [...]
>
> The same happens with name forms, content rules and matching rules.
> I haven't found any example of how these items are defined.

OpenLDAP currently does not support loading of new syntaxes, matching
rules, ... into the server by simply defining them in slapd.conf.

Defining a new syntax means defining a new form of data structure that
the server must know about. This is not possible using only configration
options. You need to code it into the server.
Of course the same holds for matching rules, ...

Peter
--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de