Problem with password changing with passwd command

Hello

I´m installing a OpenLDAP for user authentication here. The server is the
version 2.1.21, running in a Solaris 9 box and I´m testing a Linux Red Hat
9 client. I can log in normally.
When I try to change password, the procedure seems to be normal, that is,
the password entry is really changed in LDAP base in server (I can see it
with slapcat command). The problem is that the new password is anything
unknown, because I can´t login again neither whith new password nor with
the old password.
My slapd.conf:

include           /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include           /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include           /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include           /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

pidfile           /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile    /usr/local/var/slapd.args

password-hash {MD5}
access to attribute=userPassword
      by self write
      by dn="cn=lroot,dc=pucrs,dc=br" write
      by dn="uid=root,dc=pucrs,dc=br" write
      by * compare

access to *
      by * read

database    bdb
suffix            "dc=mydomain,dc=com"
rootdn            "cn=admin,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
rootpw            {MD5}.....==

directory   /usr/local/var/openldap-data

index cn,sn,uid pres,eq,approx,sub
index objectClass eq

TLSCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv2
TLSCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldapcert.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldapkey.pem
TLSCACertificateFile /usr/local/etc/openldap/demoCA/cacert.pem

and my client /etc/pam.d/sshd:
#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   pam_ldap.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    sufficient   pam_ldap.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   sufficient   pam_ldap.so
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    sufficient   pam_ldap.so
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_limits.so
session    optional     pam_console.so

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance