Re: 2.2 issue?

--On Thursday, July 03, 2003 9:04 PM +0200 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

Our database is defined with a suffix for stanford:

suffix "dc=stanford,dc=edu"

When I try to slapadd our DB, I get:

slapadd: dn="dc=stanford,dc=edu" (line=14): (64) value of naming
attribute  'dc' is not present in entry

Doing a search on this error informed me I needed to add dc=edu in to
our  DB, so I created:

dn: dc=edu
objectClass: dcOjbect
dc: edu

Doing this, and then running slapadd now gives me this error:

slapadd: line 4: database (dc=stanford,dc=edu) not configured to hold
"dc=edu"

This seems like a catch-22 to me.  Either this is a serious bug in 2.2,
or  I misunderstood something?

I'm afraid it's the latter.

The entry dc=stanford,dc=edu needs to contain the AVA
that's used in its rdn, so dc=stanford.  This is the
meaning of the message.  Note that the message has been
changed a number of times in order to get as
self-explanatory as possible.  I guess there's still
room for improvements ...

Ah, problem was I had dc: Stanford instead of dc: stanford

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator