Changing maximun number of locker entries

Hi everybody. I sent a post about a problem with lockers on my Berkeley DB used by OpenLDAP. My question now if anybody knows hao may I put a higher value for the Maximum number of lockers possible of my OpenLDAP DB.

I´ve tested with a modification of the DB_CONFIG file in var/openldap-data/ directory adding: set_lk_max_lockers 3000
and then restarting the openldap server, but when I do:

db_stat -c -h /global/ldap/openldap-2.1.21/var/openldap-data/

I can see the value is still 1000:

1000    Maximum number of lockers possible.

What´s the right way to change this value. Can anybody help me showing me the way to change such parameter?

Thanks in advance.

Jorge