2.1.22 Performance...

Folks,
  Since I have complained bitterly here in the past about how bad the
performance was doing a slapadd of 55000 entries between ldbm and bdb
backends.  I feel it is of use that I should note that having upgraded
to RedHat9 and openldap-2.1.22 on my test machine, that ldbm now loads
in 10 minutes and bdb loads in 14 minutes.  That's the same performance
for ldbm but 21 minutes faster for bdb!

  Congratulations to whoever made the change (which I assume was NOT
really part of the RedHat9 code, but since I don't have an RH8 box left
to test with, I can't be sure).

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===