tls accept error

I'm getting the following error when trying to invoke tls:simple from a
client:

log from slapd -d9
daemon: read activity on 14
connection_get(14): got connid=14
connection_read(14): checking for input on id=14
TLS trace: SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
TLS: can't accept.
connection_read(14): TLS accept error error=-1 id=14, closing
connection_closing: readying conn=14 sd=14 for close
connection_close: conn=14 sd=14
daemon: removing 14

can anyone explain what this means exactly?

tls:simple is working ok for other clients (Linux, Sol9) but not for
this sol8 client. It has the same certificates in /var/ldap (native
solaris pam and nss) as the sol9 client.

>From an ethereal trace I can see that the client SYNs and ACKs and then
FIN/ACKs immediately, which suggests to me the client is rejecting the
server - doesnt like the server cert?

any help greatly appreciated as always

GREG

--