Re: TLS / SSL

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Pierre Burri wrote:

> Just a confirmation of what Kent says. I have also tried to put the client
> certificate declaration in ldap.conf and gut TLS errors. After puting them in
> /home/username/.ldaprc , everything worked fine.
>
> Another thing about SSL/TLS. I don't know either this client freeradius.
> The client "gq" which is excellent doesn't work with SSL but works very well
> with TLS. Are you sure freeradius works with SSL, did you try with TLS (Port
> 389 + some TLS switch) ?

freeRADIUS 0.8.1 plus TLS works fine here in a test implementation with
OpenLDAP 2.1.17 running under RedHat Linux 7.2.

The 'ldap' clause in our /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf contains:

    ldap {
	server = "test_ldap.owu.edu"
	basedn = "ou=TestAccounts,dc=owu,dc=edu"
	filter =
"(&(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})(|(owueduaccountprimaryaffiliation=faculty)(owueduaccountprimaryaffiliation=admin)(owueduaccountprimaryaffiliation=retired)(owueduaccountprimaryaffiliation=vip)))"
	start_tls = yes
	tls_mode = no
	timeout = 4
	timelimit = 3