From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of
Maxime.Gheysen@swisscom.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 3:18 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: LDAP Filter : works with full value, but not with
part_of_value*

Hello,
I use a filter to filter (of course!) my search to some groups (groups
are attribute).
If I search :
(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_00,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,OU=IT_Generic,OU=IT_Res,OU
=IT,DC=corproot,DC=net)
I get all values, but I want also ...DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_01... and
.....DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_02...

If I filter
(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_0*,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,OU=IT_Generic,OU=IT_Res,OU
=IT,DC=corproot,DC=net) I get nothing, same with
(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_0*).

Why does the wildcard not work? And is there any wildcard for
"any_letter" for just one letter variable?

Thanks