RE: mapping one search to another

oh dear...

having battled with this for a while and got sol9 to get its automount
info from nisMap instead of automount I turn my attention to Linux. A
good google soon lets me know that Linux too likes to use
objectclass=automount type schema... this doesnt even come with
openldap2.1.21 and the padl migration tools use the older
objectclass=nisObject type stuff... add to this, I cant find any
reference to schemamapping for Linux except in the (padl)ldap.conf eg
nss_base_foo ou=bar except guess what? no parameter for automount.

not so worry - i'm sure another half day googling for the right schema
will turn it up... then another day or so constructing the ldif files
from NIS... and I still cant support all of sol8 sol9 and linux clients.
heehee! pass the straightjacket...

GREG

sorry - its friday.
--