RE: Last attempt at TLS/SSL

You have PADL directives and OpenLDAP directives mixed together in the same
file. This sometimes works, but I recommend keeping them separate, to
eliminate ambiguities.

Don't use "host" and "port" directives with "uri" - just use one or the
other. It's preferable to only use the "uri" directive. That also removes the
need for the "ssl" directive, since all of this information is present in the
LDAPURL.

> And I actually have a copy of your how to printed out sitting
> on my desk right now that I have been using it as a reference
> and am wondering why openldap hates me so much because this
> seems like it should be fairly easy to make work.

It's not OpenLDAP's fault that you're mixing config info for two separate
packages together and getting poor results.

  -- Howard Chu