RE: solaris 9 ldap client with tls?

> --On Thursday, June 26, 2003 11:39 AM -0400 "Brian K. Jones"
> <jonesy@CS.Princeton.EDU> wrote:
> > 3. All of the TLS docs I've seen relating to Solaris
> clients insist that
> > you have a cert7.db file and a key3.db file. I'm thoroughly
> confused by
> > this and am wondering if anyone has any insight as to how to
> > create/manage/administer these files - if they have to be created on
> > each individual client, where they go, do they expire... and why Sun
> > says that Netscape should have anything at all to do with my LDAP
> > client.
>
> That would likely be because SunOne directory server is
> simply a later
> version of Netscape directory server.  From your comments,
> I'd say a lot of
> the information you are reading from is based on the
> assumption you are
> using a SunOne directory server for your ldap lookups.
>
> --Quanah

The key3.db and cert7.db files are a hangover from the netscape
ldap server that became iplanet and SunOne, and are in the form
the Sun ldap client wants to see. You can create these using
/usr/dt/bin/netscape on one of the clients, but can re-use the
resulting files on all the clients to that particular ldap server.
The expiry time is set when you create the initial certs at the
server end, so can be set to many years if you prefer.  They work
fine with the openldap server.

> --
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Senior Systems Administrator
> ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems
> Stanford University
> GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html

This is a commercial communication from Commerzbank AG.

This communication is confidential and is intended only for the person to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not that person you are not permitted to
make use of the information and you are requested to notify
<mailto:LONIB.Postmaster@commerzbankib.com> immediately that you have
received it and then destroy the copy in your possession.

Commerzbank AG may monitor outgoing and incoming e-mails. By replying to
this e-mail you consent to such monitoring. This e-mail message and any
attached files have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.
However, you are advised that you open attachments at your own risk.

This email was sent either by Commerzbank AG, London Branch, or by
Commerzbank Securities, a division of Commerzbank.  Commerzbank AG is a
limited liability company incorporated in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Registered Company Number in England BR001025. Our registered address in
the UK is 23 Austin Friars, London, EC2P 2JD. We are regulated by the
Financial Services Authority for the conduct of investment business in the
UK and we appear on the FSA register under number 124920.