new directory assistance, please

I am creating new directory and am looking for some guidelines and maybe
some sample ldif's that demonstrate creating teams, groups, people,
adding people to teams, adding machines, adding machines to groups,
setting permissions for groups, etc.  if any one can recommend any tools
for doing this, instead of manually creating an ldif, that too would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel Curry          |  And on we go with our mundane lives
IT Manager, Cariocas  |    Loosing our Freedoms
dcurry@cariocas.com   |    In the name of Security
www.cariocas.com      |      And not feeling either.