Re: schema definition precedence

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Andrew Thomson wrote:

> unfortunately a developer made the following change to core.schema and
> relies on it.

He is an idiot.

[...]

> I'm happy to setup a local.schema file with his changes in it. However
> can I leave the NAME as is and just have it override the previous class
> defined in the core.schema??

Pick a local name (and get an OID as well - they're free).

> Or do I have to change the NAME in my local.schema and get the
> programmer to update his code to use my new objectclass??

Get him to fix his code, then break his kneecaps.  Never, ever, change
a standard definition.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia