Re: How do I tell slapd where to look for the DB_CONFIG file?

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 09:01:50AM -0700, Christoph Neumann wrote:
> How does one tell which ones take take effect at which time?  I see no
> mention of when here:
> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/env/db_config.html
> or here:
> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/api_c/env_list.html

I'm not 100% sure about that either.
The documentation about each parameters gives hints that should be enough
for a DB developer, but I'm not that familiar with it yet.

For example, set_lg_max is said to configure a "database environment", which
I *think* means it has to be set before the database is created.

On the other hand, the documentation states a little further that this function
may be called at any time during the life of the application, so, again, I'm
not sure.

I really miss a DB mailing list :) I asked the sleepycat folks about this, they
said they were going to setup a newsgroup.