Re: error 65 when adding attributes

DWrisley@ivexpackaging.com wrote:

However, I am trying to add in other objects like email and some others and am getting an error 65, Object Class Violation.
> [..]
Is there something I am missing here? I see the email attribute in the core.schema file so, I should be able to add it right?

You can add this attribute if one of the object classes of the entry allows attribute 'email'. I only know some PKI-related object classes which allow 'email' (1.2.840.113549.1.9.1 alias emailAddress alias pkcs9email).

Either you wanna add an object class with 'email' or sanitize your data to use the more common attribute type 'mail' instead.

Ciao, Michael.