Re: What's the 2.1.x `host' equivalent? (was: Chicken-and-egg with 2.1.x schema)

Andrew A. Raines writes:
>Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> writes:
>>Andrew A. Raines writes:
>>> OK, apparently the `account' objectclass doesn't exist anymore,
>>> according to <URL:http://ldap.akbkhome.com/>, and consequently,
>>> neither does the `host' attribute.
>>
>> Both are in etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema.
>
> Then what should I do?  `account' conflicts with anything in the
> `person' objectclass subtree.  I need both `account' and
> `inetOrgPerson'.

Sorry, I missed that part of the thread.

You need to make your own objectclass.

Either make a structural object class which inherits from both object
classes, and add that object class to the entry, e.g. like this:

objectclass ( <oid>
	NAME 'personalAccount'
	SUP ( inetOrgPerson $ account ) STRUCTURAL )

or make an auxiliary object class with the same attributes as either
account or inetOrgPerson, and use that instead of the original object
class.

--
Hallvard