Re: Screwed-up M$-Exchange > openLDAP

Anders:

port 135 is NETBIOS (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/N/NetBIOS.html)

> That's the background: my only point of access are through these users'
> outlook clients, through which I can export the databases to a few limited
> options. Now I'm looking either to translate a dBase (.dbf) .pst, .CSV or
> similar file to ldif and I'm feeling screwed.
>
> A hint (hint? I mean script ;-) as to how to approach this would be most
> appreciated.

If you can extract data from Exchange into .CSV it's very easy to make a
LDIF-file from the .CSV-file. You can either use tools like
http://www.oss.billiton.de/software.shtml or it's just as quick writing
a small python- or perl-script.

Try searching google.com and freshmeat.net for more tools. As long as
you have a text-file with a field-separator - it's ususually no big
deal.

--
Regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan
"Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated."