Postfix +ldap

Hello,

I know this topic has already been discussed here, but i'm currently experiencing a weird problem...

I'm using RH 9
Openldap 2.1.17
samba 3.0 alpha 24
postfix 2.0.9

When i start postfix it crashes and gives this message :
*postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mail_owner: unknown user name value: postfix*

The postfix user exists in my ldap, postfix has been compiled with ldap support and main.cf is correctly configured to access ldap...

A little bit more weird : When i shut down ldap on the server and open a new terminal window i get this message :
*id: cannot find name for user ID 0
[I have no name!@sgly-server root]#

*But user root is only in /etc/passwd...

It looks like a nnswitch problem, here is an excerpt :

*passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap

*Has someone experienced something like this ? My traineeship ends in less than 2 months and I still have plenty of things to do...

Thanks, Bruno
*
*