Re: Slightly OT: Sun ONE DS vs OpenLDAP

Hello,

Sorry to still be OT, but Sun has recently signed an agreement/alliance with RedHat, they already have the version 5.1 of DS for Linux on their site.

	http://wwws.sun.com/software/download/products/3e5beea5.html

It says that it would work with RH7.2, I think that I tried RH 7.3/8.0 and it worked fine, I haven't tried it out on RH 9 but I don't expect it to fail, I would still have to do some experimenting in my free time.

Ignore Sun Linux its deprecated for RH Enterprise edition Linux. It was based on RH anyway.

	http://wwws.sun.com/software/products/directory_srvr/home_directory.html

Says that there is a version for Linux in DS5.2, which I am still waiting to see, I don't really care if they take sometime, as long as they got a few things out such as that Java based console for something better and make it use RAM effectively, I think that it would prove to give OpenLDAP a run for its money.

I guess that I would still go OpenLDAP as I feel that its go more standards compliancy over Sun ONE DS.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

-- Aly S.P Dharshi aly.dharshi@uleth.ca Student System Administrator/Network Analyst LDAP Project Department of Computer Science and Mathematics University of Lethbridge

 "A good speech is like a good dress