Re: ldap server hungs after ldapadd of one record

There was not any error message when I used the ldapadd command. The problem
was that the command ldapadd with only one record to add didn't end, it
didn't return me the prompt. So I did CONTROL-C, and then the problem began.

After I do /etc/init.d/ldap stop I do ps -ef and there isn't any ldap
process, so I can't kill it.
After I reboot the machine,. ldap server start but it doesn't work, the port
389 is not open.

coco:~ # ps -ef  | grep ldap
ldap      1509     1 99 08:41 ?        00:00:14 /usr/lib/openldap/slapd -h
ldap:/// -u ldap -g ldap
root      1512  1219  0 08:41 pts/1    00:00:00 grep ldap

And this is the exit of top:

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
 1509 ldap       0   0  3192 3192  2408 R    99.4  0.3   2:09 slapd
    6 root      19   0     0    0     0 SW    0.3  0.0   0:01 kupdated
 1513 root      20   0   948  948   728 R     0.1  0.0   0:00 top

coco:~ # nmap localhost

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA30 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
(The 1540 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
53/tcp     open        domain
80/tcp     open        http
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
515/tcp    open        printer
3128/tcp   open        squid-http
6000/tcp   open        X11
10000/tcp  open        snet-sensor-mgmt

I don't understand why the port 389 isn't open? What can I do except
reinstall ldap server?
Thanks very much.