Re: root can't login when ldap service fails

Hi John,

  I've had the exact problem. If you look in your log files you will
probably see some error containing "root / account management ldap".

I think the fix here is go to /etc/pam.d . Edit your system-auth file.

look for the line that says:

account    required    /lib/security/pam_unix.so

change required to sufficient. See if that works. I haven't fixed that
error yet on my system, because I'm too lazy. See if that works, and let
me know.

Michel.