SortControl class from Sun don't work??

Hello
I use the class from sun, a mean com.sun.jndi.ldap.ctl.SortControl against a
openldap over solaris 5.8 when I try to put Control.CRITICAL the server
respond "[LDAP: error code 12 - Unavailable Critical Extension]"
then I change to Control.NONCRITICAL and returned all my record but
unsorted.
Reviewing the list archives I saw a message from Julien Rottenberg
(http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200202/msg00395.html) that
speaks about OpenLDAP doesn't implement this extension. So what exactly how
could I sort the result from the server??
It's necesary to use the JLDAP from novell?? how?? this API works on
openLDAP???

Thanks in advance
  Mauricio Alarcon