Re: Adding or deleting items?

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 09:51, pll+ldap@lanminds.com wrote:

> You should be able to use ldapadd or ldapdelete to do this, but it's
> far easier with something like 'gq' or ldapbrowser where you can see
> what's going on.  Especially if it's just one or two small changes
> like that.
>
> ldapmodify is, IMO, more suited for large, batch operations where you
> need to make a large number of changes at once.

I've never been able to use ldapadd to modify an existing entry... how
would you do that?

With ldapmodify, you'd do:

ldapmodify -x -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
> dn: cn=mygroup,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> changetype: modify
> add: memberUid
> memberUid: myuid

That said, GQ or other viewers (there are a bunch of Web interfaces)
certainly do make it easier if you're not used to working on the command
line.

Matt

--
M Butcher <mbutcher@grcomputing.net>