Re: OpenLdap 2.0.27 & FreeRadius

Mike,

Use the slapd -d switch to use debugging. That will show you what is going on. I'm betting there is a problem with the schema which is causing slapd to ignore it.

Generally speaking schemas in 2.1.x and 2.0.x aren't compatible unless they are very simple.

BTW, I would start using 2.1.x because 2.0.x is now legacy and the 2.1.x servers are getting pretty mature pretty fast.

schu

Mike Carpenter wrote:

I'm trying to extend my schema with the FreeRadius supplied schema file, but continue having problems.

In my slapd.conf file I have an include line pointing to the schema file supplied from FreeRadius.

From what I am reading, this should be the only thing I need to do to get that piece of the schema installed, however my LDAP Administrator program (Softerra) does not see any of the object classes or attributes associated with this schema file.

I'm sure that I'm not doing something correctly, as it seems like this is a very easy thing to do. Can someone please point me in the right direction??

Thanks.