slapindex, 1 million entries, some numbers

Well, actually I don't have many numbers. It's more than 12 hours now and
slapindex still hasn't finished. I already had to clean up transaction logs twice,
otherwise they would be at 9Gb now.

I'm making the following indexes:
index   objectClass     eq
index   cn,sn,mail      eq,sub
index   uid,givenName   eq
index   uidNumber,gidNumber     eq

These indexes may be too much, I don't know really, I just thought about some search
filters that I would like to be able to apply.

This is the slapindex line in top right now:
 3056 root      12   0  376M 239M 13124 S     0,3 27,1 155:01 slapindex

Now, this is a different machine, it's a quad PIII 700MHz with 2M cache for each CPU, 8Gb RAM and
two SCSI disks. Just for comparison, this one took about 18 minutes more to run that slapadd
with 1 million entries:

real    48m7.345s
user    17m32.690s
sys     3m44.530s