Re: slurpd high system load

That fixed it. It just fixed it. I changed the replogfile from "slurpd.replog" to "slapd.replog" in the same directory. slapd.replog stays at 0 bytes, but my CPU utilization is now at about 40% and my system load's cut in half.

As an open inquiry, why is this not documented anywhere? Every documentation I've ever read says to use

replog  /path/to/slurpd.replog

at the bottom of slapd.conf, below my replicas. Not one document anywhere has ever told me to let slurpd choose that one by default and set another in slapd.conf. I don't know the mechanics well enough to justify it, but this change just worked.

-j