inability to add entries to openldap

Dear list,

I'm still trying to add entires to openldap.

I was unable to do so using sasl authentication, as I mentioned in my
two precious unanswered postings, and am now trying -x.

Still no luck though.

Trying to add the entries created by padl's migrate_bas.pl:

[root@bar MigrationTools-44]# ldapadd -x -D
"cn=root,dc=kic,dc=muangchiangrai,dc=net" -W -f migrate_base.out.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=muangchiangrai,dc=net"
ldapadd: update failed: dc=muangchiangrai,dc=net
ldap_add: No such object (32)

This is the very first entry in the file.

My thought is "well of course there's no such object, I'm trying to add
it!".

Is there anyone on this list at all who might give me a hand?

--
John Francis Lee <jfl@robinlea.com>