Issue with Novell LDAP server

Hey Guys,
     Does any one of you know about this issue. Please let me know.

I have an application which synchronises records with the Novell directory server versio 8.5.  The synchronisation goes fine if i specify the full Search root path properly. But if i just specify the root node, the synchronisation doesn't happen properly with the records. Is this a limitation of Novell LDAP server. Can you please let me know.

Example
If  one of the record is say
cn=vivek, ou=Tid, ou=BN, ou= DE, o=TL
Then i need to specify the search root as ou=Tid, ou=BN, ou= DE, o=TL. Can't i just specify the search root as o=TL and see that the records are synchronised properly.
With Netscape directory server, it synchronises properly even with search root specified as o=TL

regards,
vivek

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.