Re: slapadd, 1 million entries, some NEW numbers

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:57:03PM +0200, Christian Jung wrote:
> If you have some spare time with the machine - just kidding ;) - could
> you make the same test without Hyperthreading? It would take some time
> until I have 1 million entries here for feeding OpenLDAP :(

I don't think it will make a difference, the bottleneck seems to be I/O.
If you look at the user and sys times, there is little difference
between the two tests, despite one machine being UP and the other MP
with HT.
Right now slapindex is still running there, I will do more tests
tomorrow. I'm indexing a lot of attributes because I also want to make
some search tests.

Regarding the 1 million entries, those are dummy entries, just for this
test :)