[OT] Individual directories as personal address books?

My apologies for being off topic, but the probelm relates in a general
way to LDAP and perhaps the people here either have an LDAP solution
or know of other ways to accomplish this.

I have a colleague who has been using the Roaming Access facility in
Netscape 4.xx for several years.  He has developed an extensive
addressbook with several lists to which he regularly makes changes.
He needs to migrate to a newer browser/mail-reader for several
reasons, the most pressing being that lately, whenever he tries to
change the addressbook, Netscape 4.xx crashes.  But he definitely needs
location independence, that is, to have his lists available to him from
several locations.

Can I help him with an LDAP setup?  Would he need his own LDAP
database (backend) so that he could modify the directory himself?  I'm
currently running a laboratory wide LDAP server for some
authentication and other directory services.

I appreciate any pointers.  Thanks.

Don Hayward			don@mote.org
Mote Marine Laboratory		Office: 941.388.4441  Cell: 941.302.4982
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway	Fax: 941.388.4312
Sarasota, FL 34236		See: http://www.mote.org
Independent, non-profit, marine and estuarine research and education facility.
For PGP public key do: http://www.mote.org/~don/donpgp.asc
use "DISCLAIMER"; # We run Debian Linux
Taxes feed the starving and clothe the naked.