db3 updgrade

i had two servers, one replicating data to the other.

anyway, the slave had some hardware fail so I had to rebuild the entire
machine.

the master has db3-3.1.17-5.6x installed. but I used a slightly newer os
when I rebuilt the slave so it has version db3-3.3.11-6

So when i copied the db files over and started up slapd on the slave,
nothing was there!!

That's when I assumed it was a db version error.

My dilemma is that when I run:

db3_upgrade on the files and then db3_verify, one of the databases fails
to verify properly.. probably not a good thing!!

Any other reliable techniques for syncing the data under such a
scenario..?

thanks,

ajt.