[Fwd: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database]

Sorry to bother you all,

I have been continuing to try to make openldap work and have managed to
change the error mesage I receive, somewhat:

[root@bar MigrationTools-44]# ldapadd -U root@bar -Y PLAIN -f
migrate_passwd.out.sh
SASL/PLAIN authentication started
Please enter your password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: SASL(-13): authentication failure: Password
verification failed

Frankly it seems I'm posting to the wrong list, since no one has
responded to my first post.

Is there a "real" help list for openldap somewhere?

--
John Francis Lee <jfl@robinlea.com>
--- Begin Message ---

I am trying to setup
 openldap-2.1.17
using
 cyrus-sasl-2.1.13

I run
 [root@bar MigrationTools-44]#
  ldapadd -f migrate_passwd.out.sh
  SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
  Please enter your password:
  ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Internal (implementation
   specific) error (80)
  additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in
   database

I ran
 [root@bar MigrationTools-44]# saslpasswd2 -c root
and assigned a password

Running
  ldapsearch -x -s base -b "" supportedSASLMechanisms
yields

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope base
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: supportedSASLMechanisms
#

#
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: ANONYMOUS
supportedSASLMechanisms: PLAIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5
supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

And
 [root@bar MigrationTools-44]# sasldblistusers2
 root@bar: userPassword

I've noticed in other complaints of similar problems that folks get
stuff like
 Executing the command 'sasldblistusers' :

 user: admin realm: merlin mech: CRAM-MD5
 user: admin realm: merlin mech: DIGEST-MD5
 user: admin realm: merlin mech: PLAIN

Does that point to my problem?

Thanks for your help.
--