Re: Replication with slurpd - problems using TLS

--On Friday, May 23, 2003 10:36 AM -0400 "Lawrence, Mike (White Plains)" <Mike.Lawrence@starwoodhotels.com> wrote:

Hi - I am in the process of trying to get replication working between a master and one slave instance using slurpd. I'm using Solaris 8, with the padl pam and nss ldap modules - at this point just to let users authenticate against ldap when they ssh in. Replication works now without TLS, but if I try turning it on it fails, and this is what I see show up in the slave's log file:

May 23 10:03:08 wp-app3 slapd[2237]: [ID 733216 local4.debug]
connection_read(12): TLS accept
error error=-1 id=7, closing

slurpd isn't logging any .rej files when the updates fail to propogate;
but I do see the TLS errors
from slapd.

Both master and slave are configured identically.  I can authenticate
against both with ssh using TLS.
It just seems to be broken now for some reason with slurpd and
replication.

Their slapd.conf files look like this for the new replication pieces:

master:
----------
replogfile      /opt/csw/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slapd.replog

replica       host=10.14.12.33:389
                suffix="dc=webtech,dc=com"
                binddn="cn=replica,dc=webtech,dc=com"
                credentials=secret
                bindmethod=simple
	    # tls=yes   -> if I turn this on it breaks

slave:
-------
rootdn		"cn=replica,dc=webtech,dc=com"
rootpw		{crypt}JOEAfuddHpilE
updatedn	"cn=replica,dc=webtech,dc=com"
updateref	ldap://10.14.12.32

Mark,

Have you tried changing the updateref to:

ldaps://10.14.12.32

?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html