Re: Re-running operations logged by LDAP_DEBUG_STATS

At 04:40 AM 5/22/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>>At 05:58 AM 5/21/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>> Has anyone got a program which reads Statslog() output (i.e. logging
>>> with LDAP_DEBUG_STATS set) and maybe a LDIF file with update operations,
>>> and re-runs the operations specified by the log?  I'd like to test an
>>> LDAP installation with real-world operations, and this could be a way to
>>> do it.
>>
>> Another way is to replay a replog...
>
>Do replogs contain the search operations?

No, but the the replog is good source for real-world write operations.
You'd still need something to generate the real-world read operations.
And, of course, real-world security association operations (bind,
Start TLS, etc.).  Here, the stat logs are likely the most viable
option for non-write operations.

Another way is to capture network traffic and play it back... but
that's a bit more involved (especially if replay/data-confidential
protections are in place).  It's also unlikely that any organization
would willing share such data.

Kurt