Re: Samba and LDAP...and profiles

Well I think that you have to comment the [profiles] section in /etc/samba/smb.conf and delete what's in profilePath. Anyway, only win2000 and winNT clients are using roaming profiles...

Hope this will help
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 8:27 PM
Subject: Samba and LDAP...and profiles

Hello everyone. Im having a issue with my server that im not sure if it is directly related to Samba or LDAP. I thought i'd post my thoughts here and see what everyone things...

Quick background:
Running Samba 2.2.8a, with OpenLDAP 2.0.27 on Red Hat 7.3

I've successfully set up the samba server to run LDAP and have LDAP hold the user accounts and passwords.

What I wanted to do is disable roaming profiles. I know that to do it in samba, you are supposed to make the following entry in smb.conf:

logon path =

Which i did. However, samba is still trying to use roaming profiles.

I started to think some more. One thing that helped me get this server up and running were the idealx scripts for adding users to my ldap tree.

Here is a quick snip of a LDAP entry:

# testuser, Users, courtesymortgage, com
dn: uid=testuser,ou=Users,dc=courtesymortgage,dc=com
cn: testuser
sn: testuser
uid: testuser
uidNumber: 1002
gidNumber: 1002
homeDirectory: /home/testuser
loginShell: /bin/bash
gecos: test user
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: sambaAccount
pwdLastSet: 0
logonTime: 0
logoffTime: 2147483647
kickoffTime: 2147483647
pwdCanChange: 0
pwdMustChange: 2147483647
displayName: test user
acctFlags: [UX]
rid: 3004
primaryGroupID: 3005
homeDrive: M:
smbHome: \\PDC-SRV\homes
profilePath: \\PDC-SRV\profiles\testuser
scriptPath: testuser.cmd
lmPassword: 01FC5A6BE7BC6929AAD3B435B51404EE
ntPassword: 0CB6948805F797BF2A82807973B89537

I've basically highlighted the fields that I think may be causing a issue. Then again, they may not be.

I'm wondering if the scripts by idealx are set to some how setup roaming profiles?

I just thought i'd post this and see what anyone thinks.

I appreciate everyones input.

Jason