AUTH with something else than username

hi.

I am developing another way of authentication with my computer. I store
passwords on some hardware that i plug to the computer to authenticate.
Those passwords are of course also stored in the LDAP. They differ from
the normal "userPassword" field, because i change them automatically.
They are random data and not human friendly. So i created a
"erikspassword" attribute for them.

Now, the "userPassword" is restricted to AUTH only in the slapd.conf. If
i set the "erikspassword" field to AUTH, then how can i authenticate
against it? Doesn't the server always implicitly use the "userPassword"?

cu & thx
Erik

--
Erik Thiele