Re: attributetype 'date' syntax

Pierangelo Masarati writes:
> Apparently, ASN.1 states that generalized time MUST have minutes
> and seconds, even if they're zero.

Not that I can see.  Not in section 42 in X.680 (07/2002) at
  <http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com17/languages/>
nor in ISO 8601 according to
  <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html>
(I don't have the original ISO8601 at hand.)

BTW, ASN.1 also says that the timezone or 'Z' is optional, if you omit
them it means local time.  If OpenLDAP doesn't support that, I'll fix it
so that it does, assuming the ietf-ldapbis working group agrees to
change the Syntaxes draft to make the zone is mandatory.  I think it's a
bug in the draft that it does not.

> In any case, you shouldn't muck with server side code other than to
> fix bugs.

True.

--
Hallvard