Re: problem with libldap.so

libtool is wrong. The idea is to link with gcc -shared and not ld. LD="gcc -shared"

As Howard pointed out, you should be able to proceed by removing assert.h.

Okay, well, it looks like it linked okay this time, there are no problems with libldap.so. On liblber.so, however, I get the following:

libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc.so.1 libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.1 /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1 symbol not found: shutdown (/usr/local/lib/liblber.so)

And, as I just posted to the list, the following when trying to use pam_ldap (maybe this is a question for another list, but it changes when libldap.so changes):

Assertion failed: LDAP_VALID( ld ), file unbind.c, line 40

Ideas?

--Nick

--
You can't make a difference until you are willing to be different!