Re: groupOfUniqueNames NIS

AFAIK nss_ldap from Padl supports both. Check the member attribute or something.
Also, make sure you run nscd and also spend some time on your indexes!
tarjei
Jerry Haltom wrote:

I am trying to define "groups" in LDAP. I need these groups to be
accessable from nss_ldap, but also some other sources would be nice.
I don't want to be redundant.

What object classes should I use? I am unclear on weither I should use
posixGroup alone or groupOfUniqueNames. The groupOfUniqueNames sounds
good... but it conflicts with posixGroup:

ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
       additional info: invalid structural object class chain
(posixGroup/groupOfUniqueNames)

Help? :D

Jerry Haltom
Feedback Plus, Inc.