Bind error : requested protocol version not allowed

Hello all,
  I am just a newbie at ldap usage.
I have installed ldap server ( ver 2.1.19 ) on my machine
I have added some records using a perl script.

When I use php function ldap_bind() I am not able to bin I get a protocol error message
Even a client like GQ ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/gqclient/)

I thought I had configured it wrong so I installed ldap again with configure options

 ./configure      --enable-ldbm   --with-cyrus-sasl=no

But that does not help

I started  ldap in debug mode and I figured this was the error message
"requested protocol version not allowed"

Probably beacause the clients are using version 2 and ldap server version 3

Please Can Anyone tell me How Do I configure my ldap server to accept bind for version 2 from my clients

Thanks Ram

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ: Email, IM, Proxy, Firewall, Anti-Virus, LDAP
Fleximail: Mail Storage, Management and Relaying
http://netcore.co.in

Emergic Freedom: Linux-based Thin Client-Thick Server Computing
http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Top Blogs, Neighborhoods, Search and Utilities
http://www.blogstreet.com

Rajesh Jain's Weblog on Technology: http://www.emergic.org