RE: question about openldap and solaris 8 pam_ldap

I haven't actually used this, but the Solaris 9 LDAP client has been
backported to Solaris 8 by patch 108993-18

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Sauke [mailto:ksauke@fastenal.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 21:10
To: Ang, Melissa
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: question about openldap and solaris 8 pam_ldap

I can't talk too much about solaris 8 but I know that solaris 9 doesn't
need any client config info in the directory.  As long as you use the
ldapclient manual (solaris 8 has a little different syntax, it might be
-m or something) it will work.  Again, I can't speak for 8 but thats how
it seems  to work in 9.  Hope this helps.

KS

Ang, Melissa wrote:

>hello all! Good day! I've been trying to authenticate using pam_ldap in
solaris and openldap in red hat linux. And I was wondering how it works? I
managed to authenticate in my sun box using the username and password in the
linux openldap server though. I was kinda thinking if there is still a need
to add client profiles in openldap? I was able to authenticate without
adding a profile to the openldap. And I was thinking if I'm doing it
correctly or is it looking for the username someplace else.