Re: How to setl the timeout for ldap_simple_bind_s()

Sean Gao wrote:
I meet a problem while using a ldap client based on openldap-2.0.27.
> [..]
   I wonder if there are approaches to set timeout for the
ldap_simple_bind_s() calling. I have tried with
ldap_set_option() to set LDAP_OPT_TIMEOUT and LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT,
but it
seems not taking effect.

Setting the timeout seems to work for me as expected with recent OpenLDAP 2.1.19 (even via python-ldap wrapper module above OpenLDAP libs).

Maybe you should try with a recent version?

Ciao, Michael.