Re: slapcat - question.

On Monday 12 May 2003 9:51 am, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> Frank Swasey writes:
> > If you really want to use ldapadd to create your database, you
> > need to use ldapsearch to dump it.
>
> As long as you don't bump into any timeouts, size limits, or
> entries or attributes hidden by access controls.

Humor my puny brain, I want to be sure I understand.

You are saying that these are risks associated with using ldapsearch
to dump the data and that it is safer to use slapcat + the perl
filter script you provided, correct?

Merci.

--
Mark Bucciarelli, www.hubcapconsulting.com
    He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself