Re: bdb transaction logs don't disappear

Today at 9:25am, sergiopaternoster@tiscali.it wrote:

> 12 hours for 400000 entries, some tips?) into the bdb directory I found
> a lot of files log.00000000001, log.00000000002 and so on... I know that
> after flushing into DB the old transaction logs should be automatically
> removed, isn't it? Why those log file are still there? I did a wrond Berkeley
> DB installation?

Those log files are not removed by slapadd (or any other process in
openldap).  You have to run the db_archive command and remove them
yourself.  If you have placed the checkpoint control in your slapd.conf
file, then you should set up a cron job that periodically runs a
db_archive and removes the log files that are no longer needed.   Belt
and Suspenders reliability would require that you save the log files off
to some other media prior to deleting them.

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===