Re: generationQualifier

Hi,

On Monday 12 May 2003 20:54, Michael Engelhart wrote:
> i recently upgraded to OpenLDAP 2.1.18 and when I try to import some
> data using ldapadd, it keeps balking on the generationQualifier
> attribute.  The following error comes up:
>
>   ***** ERROR MESSAGE  *****
> adding new entry "uid=mengelhart, ou=Administrator, ou=Sales,
> ou=People, o=somecompany.com"
> ldapadd: update failed: uid=mengelhart, ou=Administrator, ou=Sales,
> ou=People, o=somecompany.com
> ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
>          additional info: attribute 'generationQualifier' not allowed
>
>   ***** LDIF *****
> dn: uid=mengelhart, ou=Administrator, ou=Sales, ou=People,o=somecompany.com
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: person
> objectclass: organizationalPerson
> objectclass: inetOrgPerson
> objectclass: OpenLDAPPerson
> generationQualifier: Sr.
> Any help as to why I can't use an attribute type that's part of the
> core.schema, I'd greatly appreciate it.

t is not sufficient that an attribute is defined in the schema.
It needs to be a legal attribute in the objectclasses as well.

Since none of the objectclasses, that your object is an instance of,
allows it, it's forbidden.

To allow it you may want to create an objectclass that inherits from
OpenLDAPperson (that is the deepest structural objectclass in your
object) and allow the attribute there.
After adding the new objectclass to the object, everything work as expected.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de