From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Gary LaVoy
Sent: Thursday, 08 May, 2003 01:02
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Large Installations of OpenLdap

Hello there,

At the risk of asking something that might have already been asked or
starting any kind of flame war....

I am wondering from those of you out there running OpenLdap (on any
platform/configuration), what is the largest installation that is running?

Just to quantify MY idea of large, I am looking at anything > 1 million
records as large and if there is someone with more than 40 million I would
be interested to know that too.

I am investigating loading up > 40 million records. Am I just nuts to think
that it will scale to this?

I'll probably deploy either on several Xserves under OS X or on Sun Solaris.

I'd like to hear from folks that have achieved > 1 million records in their
db as well.

Thanks for reading along.

Cheers,

Gary LaVoy
Enterprise Technology Services Group
Apple Computer, Inc.

Dal 6 maggio al 30 giugno prova gratis sulla tua casella di posta Tiscali
la sicurezza di SuperMail.
Scopri i vantaggi di rendere Super la tua webmail!
http://supermail.tiscali.it/