Bug: Leading spaces in DN

Hello,

Tony and me found a strange behaviour in slapadd. It seems to be impossible
to get distinguishing spaces in RDN attributes to work.

The following two entries don't work, because they are called identical by
slapadd (2.1.17):

dn: cn=EMO,dc=addressbook,o=mehome
givenname: EMO

dn: cn=\20EMO,dc=addressbook,o=mehome
givenname: EMO-special

slapadd: could not add entry dn="cn=\ EMO,dc=addressbook,o=mehome" (line=962): already exists

Hmmm.. I *want* that distinguishing space there.

So who is wrong? Me as I don't understand the correct quoting or OpenLDAP as
it produces wrong hashes?

In each case I am really curious for the outcoming...

Yours

- Marian